Monday, April 21, 2014

Furniture Re-Do....old dresser

I took this old dresser and gave it a make over. First I tried to scrub all those stickers off not much luck they was still yucky so spray painting them was out of the question... So.....
 I took some mod podge and canvas corp tissue stock , burlap and some Tattered Angels  to make this old dresser into a master piece , let me tell you I'm so happy with how it turned , it looks like a brand new piece to my home!


First I tried to spray paint it and it wouldn't hold the paint so well on the lacor
So then I thought I'd try to make it look like it had leather on it
I took my mod podge and painted it all over the top then scrunched up the tissue and patted it on , then I let it dry after I covered the whole dresser I took  a ink pad rubbed it all over it.
Then I took my tattered angels plain jane baseboard cardboard spray and sprayed all over   I also took some ivory and sprayed on a cotton ball and dabbed it where it looked to dark to give some highlights.
Then I covered the two top shelfs  and the two drawers with mod  podge and canvas corp burlap then I finished up the edges with  canvas corp rope
                           
                                                     Here are a few step photos I took !











No comments: