Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Wish I was at the Beach

Hi Everyone,

Today I was wishing I was at the beach, so I had to create a beach of my own.  My “Wish I was at the Beach” Mixed Media layout started with a piece of Canvas Home Basics 12x12 White Flute.  I smeared joint compound randomly all over the fluted paper and let it dry.  I then misted with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and Chalkboard paints to create the background and set it aside to dry, once dry I rolled the paper up and then back and forth, allowing some of the joint compound to fall off to allow some of the white to show through.  The flute accepts the color differently than the joint compound creating a beautiful background.

I cut apart the Canvas Home Basics Beach Sampler to make the banner and “Life is better at the beach” sign, backing them with Blue & Ivory Cardstock Papers and Turquoise Burlap.  I used a tape gun to glue the paper to paper.  


I created this beachy mini garlands with mini flowers, natural jute rope, assorted shells and netting (I used netting I saved from an onion bag.


Put all the pieces in place and glue to the flute with a hot glue gun.  For the final touch I tied mini nautical knots with the jute cord.  Add your favorite beach photo, a sprinkle of shells and jute and you are instantly at the beach. 

Things I used:
Canvas Home Basics (CHB) 12x12 White E-Flute
CHB 12x12 Beach Sampler
CHB 12x12 Blue & Ivory Chevron Cardstock
CHB 12x12 Turquoise on White Cardstock 
CHB 12x12 Turquoise Burlap Sheet
CHB Jute Ball
Tattered Angles Glimmer Mist – Maya Blue, Vintage Blue and Coral Reef
Tattered Angels Chalkboard Mist – Ivory and Iron
Joint Compound
Assorted Mini Shells
Assorted Mini Roses – light blue, blue and white 
Tape gun
Hot glue gun

To find all Canvas Home Basics and Tattered Angels products visit shop.canvascorpbrands.com

You can get the flowers at .. http://www.zibbet.com/lizyjose

No comments: